Fifa Soccer 2009

A Return to the Past: Chris vs. Faabs

France vs. Brazil has always been a classic battle. Ronaldinho and Henry trading goals from game to game, and at one point, Henry got the best of Ronaldinho and company nearly every match. But that was then, and now I went at it again about 4 years later, and against the owner of the game.

Yes my friends, Fabiano and I rekindled the flame of competitive PlayStation futbol over last weekend, and even though I suffered some devastating losses, I was able to come across with 2 victories.

Victory #1: England over Uruguay in penalty kicks

Victory #2: France over Uruguay 3 X 2 in overtime period #2
Fabiano is a great player, and did hand me my worst loss ever, 9-0 in my first game on his home turf, but remember two things: I don't own the game, and I don't practice...ever. 4 years have passed since I played more than one or two games every 6 months. And while I don't normally go out of my way to point the way to my success, those who know Fabiano know that this is not only deserved, but requested as proof of his ability to talk a big talk, and make excuses for losses. Yes, I believe that there are certain times where people can perform better than others, but to consider every win
"Joga Bonita" and every loss "a lucky win" for the opposition seems a little bit over-the-top, don't you think?



3 comments to "Fifa Soccer 2009"

My Tweets

Current Favorite Song

  • I Just Haven't Met You Yet - Michael Buble

What I'm Reading

  • 200 Pomegranates And an Audience of One - Wood
  • Answering The New Atheism - Hahn & Wiker
  • Basic Theology - Ryrie
  • Created In God's Image - Hoekema
  • NASB Study Bible
  • So Great Salvation - Ryrie
  • The Bible Knowledge Commentary - New Testament
  • The Way of The Master - Comfort

Shows I Watch

  • Heroes
  • Lie To Me
  • Lost
  • Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • The Office

Blog Archive

Labels

Comedy (2) Family (15) Friends (5) God (9) Life (8) My Thoughts (16) Nathan (12) Photography (2) Politics (2) Spirituality (10) Sports (3) Technology (1) Vacation (1) Work (3)
Web hosting for webmasters