our REAL attitude

We are all friends of "this guy". He's the friend or family member that is always stirring up controversy. You know what, many times "this guy" is you and me.

Imagine your inner attitude - what is your daily goal? How do you explain your views? Are you doing it out of a spirit of anger and frustration, or out of a spirit of love?

The Bible has a lot to say about our motives, our words, and our hearts:

Proverbs 12: 15-16 - The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice. A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult.

Examine your heart and your life - I will examine mine as well...

James 3:5-6 - Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

What things have I said recently that could have been avoided? Said differently...

Proverbs 16: 21-25 - The wise in heart are called discerning, and pleasant words promote instruction. Understanding is a fountain of life to those who have it, but folly brings punishment to fools. A wise man's heart guides his mouth, and his lips promote instruction. Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.

Our attitude is what is important because the attitude is reflected in what we say. I know that I have been guilty of a poor attitude when communicating with someone, so I'm sure we all have work to do in this area.

Ephesians 4:29 - Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Keep your intentions and attitude in check. This is good advice, and it's advice that I am trying to take to heart more and more each day. Be careful not to apply unnecessary labels to others when you and someone else don't agree on something.

Lastly, don't take my example as something to live by. I am still on a journey to make myself a better person, and much of that will never be accomplished before I am dead. I cannot be perfect, but that doesn't mean that my God isn't. If you need help with your attitude and your tongue, consider asking God for his help.

Psalm 57:10 - For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

God is faithful to answer when we ask for help. Just try Him...


1 comments to "our REAL attitude"

  • Wise words my friend. Well written and I also loved the pictures! ^_^ Be well and say hi to Steph for me.
    Cheers!

My Tweets

Current Favorite Song

  • I Just Haven't Met You Yet - Michael Buble

What I'm Reading

  • 200 Pomegranates And an Audience of One - Wood
  • Answering The New Atheism - Hahn & Wiker
  • Basic Theology - Ryrie
  • Created In God's Image - Hoekema
  • NASB Study Bible
  • So Great Salvation - Ryrie
  • The Bible Knowledge Commentary - New Testament
  • The Way of The Master - Comfort

Shows I Watch

  • Heroes
  • Lie To Me
  • Lost
  • Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • The Office

Blog Archive

Labels

Comedy (2) Family (15) Friends (5) God (9) Life (8) My Thoughts (16) Nathan (12) Photography (2) Politics (2) Spirituality (10) Sports (3) Technology (1) Vacation (1) Work (3)
Web hosting for webmasters