Welcome to 2010, my self-deemed "Year of Hope"

Welcome 2010, with open arms we pray that God uses this year to guide us all in the right direction, hopefully closer to Him. Lately I have been so busy worrying about the problems that come in life, I forgot about the Hope that is apparent in our present lives, distant memories, and promising future!

Today's sermon at church was about Hope. In the Bible it says that the greatest and most important thing is love, but Hope is just behind it. So where can we find hope? What can we hold onto that keeps us from thinking about all the issues we all have (spiritual, financial, political, etc.)?

Well, I have learned and decided that all the points in my life have some level of hope for me to cling to. Let's look back, shall we?

1980 - I was given an opportunity at life, love, and an existence in a free country
1999 - Graduated from highschool and moved to start my own life
1999-2004 - met my wife, my closest friends, and got my college degree
2006 - Married my wife Stephanie and met more good friends
2008 - Became a father and experienced new feelings of love for my wife, son and family because of it
2009 - Moved to AZ and met more good people, spent a lot of time with Nathan and Stephanie, became an uncle through my sister, and learned how to function without television (let's not talk about the rest of the year, shall we?)
2010 - Starting seminary at Southern California Seminary online for my Masters of Divinity and...
Feb 2010 - going to Hawaii to visit my parents for almost 2 weeks.

Amazing to think of all that's happened since I left my parents house over 10 years ago. My 10 year reunion from high-school came and went without me, my son is growing like a weed, and I have a neice that I haven't even met yet. But I can sum up these experiences in a few different time-frames:

  1. Past
  2. Present
  3. Immediate Future
  4. Distant Future

However we choose to get hope in life, it should be something that we strive for. In the times that you are feeling drained and let down by life and those around you, try to focus your thoughts on positive things from your life, but always live for the future. I believe God has a plan for all of us, and I'm excited to see that plan unfold in Your life!

Jeremiah 29:11-14b "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you", declares the Lord.


3 comments to "Welcome to 2010, my self-deemed "Year of Hope""

  • That's our family verse. i get my Chris hug soon!! Cheers to real hope!

  • I kid you not -- I prayed for hope two days ago.

    Thanks for posting this! I love your blog.

    Happy New Year, and thanks for being my friend. Godspeed.

    Love, Angela

  • Mom, I have more hugs for you than you know.

    Angela, God is watching over you. He has a plan for you, and loves you very much. Don't lose hope! Did you listen to that song I told you about?

    Lincoln Brewster - "God You Reign"
    I know you have it cause I put it on your computer.

    Also, Stephanie and I want to hang out sometime soon. I will be unemployed again on Friday, so maybe sometime next week.

My Tweets

Current Favorite Song

  • I Just Haven't Met You Yet - Michael Buble

What I'm Reading

  • 200 Pomegranates And an Audience of One - Wood
  • Answering The New Atheism - Hahn & Wiker
  • Basic Theology - Ryrie
  • Created In God's Image - Hoekema
  • NASB Study Bible
  • So Great Salvation - Ryrie
  • The Bible Knowledge Commentary - New Testament
  • The Way of The Master - Comfort

Shows I Watch

  • Heroes
  • Lie To Me
  • Lost
  • Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • The Office

Blog Archive

Labels

Comedy (2) Family (15) Friends (5) God (9) Life (8) My Thoughts (16) Nathan (12) Photography (2) Politics (2) Spirituality (10) Sports (3) Technology (1) Vacation (1) Work (3)
Web hosting for webmasters