The part of forgiveness in recent events


What is the true measure of any man? Many believe it's the measure of his beliefs and their impact on his need to forgive. I believe that forgiveness is necessary in order to have communion with God.
Through the years my family has experienced their share of physical and spiritual attacks. I have always had a hero complex, meaning I have always wanted to be able to use the power within me to help fix things for others. This might be why I like the show Heroes so much, or why I was obsessed with Superman when I was younger.
Whatever the case, a disagreement between brothers can cause pain and frustration on many different levels. Written and verbal attacks might commence from those a disagreement, even affecting the family of those involved beyond what they think about.
At that point, what is the responsiblity of the family. Is it to seek revenge, prepare a defense, aid a counter attack, or just simply...forgive? The Bible talks about forgiveness as something you do repeatedely no matter how many times someone affends you. Then we as Christians are instructed to turn the other cheek, which can often leave us feeling vulnerable and alone.
So if someone says something about my mother, what do I want to do? What will make me feel better? What is the right thing to do? Each of these might have a different answer to you, but because I know all the things I have done that God has forgiven me of through the blood of His son Jesus Christ I know, however deep inside it's buried sometimes, that I am no better, and everyone needs forgiveness. Do we deserve it? Do you deserve it? Do I? No, but God gave it to me anyway. Who am I to deny it to someone else?


5 comments to "The part of forgiveness in recent events"

My Tweets

Current Favorite Song

  • I Just Haven't Met You Yet - Michael Buble

What I'm Reading

  • 200 Pomegranates And an Audience of One - Wood
  • Answering The New Atheism - Hahn & Wiker
  • Basic Theology - Ryrie
  • Created In God's Image - Hoekema
  • NASB Study Bible
  • So Great Salvation - Ryrie
  • The Bible Knowledge Commentary - New Testament
  • The Way of The Master - Comfort

Shows I Watch

  • Heroes
  • Lie To Me
  • Lost
  • Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • The Office

Blog Archive

Labels

Comedy (2) Family (15) Friends (5) God (9) Life (8) My Thoughts (16) Nathan (12) Photography (2) Politics (2) Spirituality (10) Sports (3) Technology (1) Vacation (1) Work (3)
Web hosting for webmasters